So, you’ve been paying for TV for a while now and you just hate it. You have heard about streaming services but are wondering which one to choose.Don’t sweat it. We’ve got you covered.
Not long ago, you had to pay for a cable package to watch your favorite TV shows or hit the cinemas to watch movies. But those days are long gone, and now you can watch shows online for free, right from the comfort of your home. You don’t even need a television to enjoy your favorite TV series.
Now you can stream TV shows onlineforfreefrom your laptop, tablet, or even smartphonewithout too much hassle. Andyou can watch not just one episodebut an entire serieson the go whilecommuting to work, waiting in a queue for coffee at a local café, or enjoying the summer sunatan exotic beach.
There are hundreds of websites that give you online access to free TV shows as long as you have an active internet connection, but unfortunately, manyof themare not trustworthy and are filled with annoying popup ads and notifications. Even worse, some redirect you to malicious websites that are likely to infect your computer with malware.Therefore, we recommend that you install reliable anti-malware software to protect your privacy and prevent malware attacks.
Traqq is not affiliated with the websites featured in this article. Moreover, our team does not verify whether these platforms carry the proper distribution licensing for the content they feature. We do not endorse illegal activities related to downloading or streaming copyrighted materials. As the end-user, you are solely responsible for your interactions with any form of media you access through the services or apps mentioned in this article. The websites referenced here are not hosted by Traqq, and this article is for educational purposes only.
Without further ado, here’s a comprehensive list of sites that allow you to watch full episodes of your favorite TV series online for free without downloading them on your computer:
TubiTV is a free, ad-supported service that offers a hassle-free way to stream popular TV shows, includingAMC’s The Walking Deadand HBO’s Game of Thrones, among many others. You also have the option to download each episode if you wish to save it for later.
TubiTV requires that you register a free account to enjoy all the shows on the website. The site is regularly updated with the latest episodes,soyou can be sure not to miss any of your favorite TV shows.
The website makes it easy to browse through dozens of shows,anditsowners claim that it is safe and legal. All the TV shows are free to watch. However, you have to contend with endless popup ads that keep springing up in the middle of shows.
- TV shows are frequently updated.
- The website is safe and legal.
- You gain access to unlimited content.
- The website can be accessed from any device.
- The platform delivers targeted advertising.
- The site tracks your viewing history.
- There is no filter for TV shows and movies, which can make your search confusing.
Offering a wide variety of TV shows and movies, Popcornflix makes it easy for users to find awesome content. Its user interface is uncluttered,and as soon as you launch the website, you will see two major options, namely TV and MOVIES.
Each category is divided into various subcategories containing shows and moviesof different genres, including documentaries, comedy, romance, drama,horror,and action.
Looking for something funny? Select the “Viral vids” option and crack up watchingdozens of hilarious videos.
- You gain access to aunique collection of movies and TV shows.
- Episodes load instantly.
- You can watch your favorite shows from any device.
- The platform lacks new content.
- You are bombarded withannoyingads.
- The platform lacks the filter feature, which makes it quite difficult to find what you’re looking for.
The first thing you will notice when you visit Yesmovies.to is the thumbnail display that makes it easy to select the series you want to watch. At the top of the page, you can easily choose the genre that you wish to watch or even filter TV series bycountry.
Additionally, the platform displays reviews and ratings from IMDB. You can hover your mouse cursor over any of the TV shows displayed to take a sneak peek at what the series is all about.
- There are not manypop-up ads ornotifications.
- The servicecontains quality content.
- It doesn’t require registration.
- You cancreate aplaylist.
- The interface makes it easy to browse through the website.
- The ads can be annoying.
With Crackle, you get to enjoy hit TV series and movies without spending a cent. You can watch TV shows online for free via your computer or on your mobile device,so the service iseasily accessible wherever you go. Likeonany other free sites, you can expect some commercials to interrupt normal programming.
The platform is straightforward and easy to navigate, giving you an easy time to find the series that you want. To select a TV show, simply select the TV option at the top of the page, choose the genre, and look for your favorite shows. Alternatively, you can use the filter feature to quickly find the latest episodes, movies, trailers, and so on.
- The service offers a large collection of TV shows.
- The service can be used across multiple platforms.
- You are given access to the latest hit TV shows and movies.
- Crackle is only available for residents in the U.S and Australia.
- The commercials can be quite loud and annoying.
ShareTV is not the usual streaming site that you’d expectbut rather a search engine that lets you search for specific TV series or movies from other platforms. All you need to do is type the name of the TV show or movie you want to watch and click “Search”. If the series is available, you’ll be shown a list of platforms where you can watch it.
The site has quite an elaborate library of popular contentand displayscountdowns to the next episode. You can browse through ‘Trending Shows’ or ‘What’s New Tonight’ to look for interesting content to watch.
- The service shows you when the next episode will come out.
- There are lots of categories and filters for accurate search.
- Not all content is free to watch, and it’s not easy to differentiate free videos frompaid ones.
- You get to usethird-party websitesrather than a single service.
- Invasive adsmay spoil your experience.
- The user interfaceis busy.
The good thing about CONtv is that it enables you towatch TV shows online without registering. Althoughthe platform iswidely known for distributing comic and anime content, you will also find multiple genres, including horror and sci-fi, there. The site offers basic services for free,but you can subscribe to premium services.
- The interface displays related titles.
- CONtvis agreat platform for Comic-Con content.
- The platform provides quality, easy-to-access content.
- Not all content is free; you will need to subscribe to watch specific types of content.
- Ads can be quite annoying,and you have to pay $6.99 each month for ad-free streaming.
- The platform lacks the filter function.
Vudu is a video-on-demand (VOD) streaming service that provides access tomultiple TV shows and movies. You also get to watch TV shows online for freebut with ads. The quality of shows on Vudu is high, and you get access to contentfrom popular networks like Fox, HBO, and CBS.
To make your search faster, use the filter option to select TV shows by genre. The site makes it easy to choose whether to watch free content only orget access topaid contentas well– all you have to do is checkor uncheckthe ‘Free TV only’ box.
Not sure what to watch? Don’t worry. Simply browse the ‘Most Wanted,’ ‘Recently Added’ and ‘Release Date’ categories to get some ideas.
- The large collection of TV shows and movies is impressive.
- You can filter out paid content if you only want to watch free content.
- The service lets you download content to watch offline.
- It allows you to easily filter TV shows and movies.
- You must create an account to enjoy shows on Vudu.
- Free content is accompanied by numerous ads.
- It’s not exactly a good place to find the latest shows.
Yidio, which stands for ‘Your Internet Video’, is similar to ShareTV in that it lets you search for and watch TV shows from third-party streaming services. Some of the sites include premium platforms like Netflix, Amazon, Showtime, and Hulu.
You’ll find an option that allows you to watch TV shows onlineforfree. The platform also offers IMDB ratings and reviews to give you a taste of what each show is about.
The site has a user-friendly interface, and options to filter content bygenrecan be found on the left side of the page.
- You can easilybrowse through the available content.
- You are givenaccess to various streaming services, both premium and free.
- You can easilysort through various TV shows.
- The platform is filled with ads.
- Some episodes are only short clips and notfull episodes.
- The service redirects you to third-party websites.
How about an option to stream live TV channels absolutely for free? Sounds interesting,right? That’s what PlutoTV offers you. You will find tons of popular movie channels there, plus other channels like MTV, CBS News, CNN, and NBC News Now.
As you can see, it’s not all about TV shows on PlutoTV. You get access to a variety of sports, entertainment, news, and comedy channels. No wonder PlutoTV is a popular on-demand streaming service.
Simply tune in and start watching anything you want. Unfortunately, the service is geo-restricted, which means it might not be available in your country.
- You gain access to on-demand and live shows.
- The service is available across multiple devices.
- It resemblesthe traditional cable television.
- It is filled with ads.
- The service is geo-limited.
- The website lacks an SSL certificate, making it unsafe.
If you’re looking for a Netflix alternative, 123movies is your go-to website. You can choosea movie ofany genre you like,from any year, and the shows load pretty fast. If you want to sort moviesby country, the platform makes the process a breeze. Plus, you can filter titles by genre, rating, popularity, and more.
123movies features a large selection of contentand allows you tostream high-quality content, including 1080p.
The developers of this platform wantyou to enjoy hassle-free streaming, soyou don’t have to register for an account to enjoy the shows. On the right side, apart from the multiple genres, you can see the number of titles under each category.
- You get to enjoy a clean user interface.
- The platform is easy to navigate.
- The filter option makes it easy to find content.
- It is filled with annoying ads and popups.
- The site redirectsyou to other sites.
The uncluttered user interface is one of the greatest features ofthe Vumoo platform. The search feature is quite intuitive,and it starts displayingthe available titles as soon as you start typing a query into the search box.
You don’t need to sign up to enjoy shows on Vumoo. The episodes load pretty fast and open instantly as soon as you click on them. When you select a series, you can check out its preview and select any episode from the list.
- The service has a clean user interface.
- Episodes load fast.
- The search function shows you the list of available titles as soon as you start typing.
- Two server links are offered to ensure smooth streaming.
- The service lacks the filter function.
- Shows contain ads.
- The website is not secure.
12. Shout Factory
If you miss cult and classic TV shows from the ’90s, Shout Factory helps you reconnect with the past. Unlike other sites, the platform offers some of the most well-known TV showsfor free, butas you can expect, ads will keep ruining your experience.
To remove the ads, you have to pay a subscription fee.
- You can filter TV shows and filmsby genre.
- You canwatch TV shows onlineforfree.
- The service gives you access to cult and classic shows that are hard to find elsewhere.
- You can expect lots of ads.
- You can’t save content to watch later.
- The site doesn’t offer content suggestions.
FlixTor is among the top choices for streaming TV shows online. You can also access it to watch movies, but you have to acquire a VIP membership. It has gained a loyal following because of the impressive amount of content featured on the site. What’s more, it consistently provides smooth playback, has a reliable search engine, and boasts a user-friendly interface. FlixTor’s search engine is fully automated, allowing it to conduct scans of other streaming sites every hour.
- You get access to a comprehensive library of TV shows and movies.
- You can watch content for free without creating an account.
- The platform offers fast search results and smooth playback.
- You might get overwhelmed with the options available on the homepage.
14. Solar Movies
With Solar Movies, you can watch your favorite TV shows and movies anywhere you go. You don’t even have to worry about dealing with a complex interface. What’s more, you can start streaming content without paying a cent. This is also the reason why Solar Movies has garnered loyal fans around the globe.
- It features shows and movies from the best streaming platforms, including HBO, Hulu, Netflix, and Amazon Prime.
- Its interface is easy to use, and you can simply type in the title of the content you want to watch to access it.
- You can easily find information about a movie or TV show in the description section, which makes the selection process much easier.
- You don’t need to subscribe to the service, and you can access TV shows and movies for free.
- Many users complain that the site is full of bugs and malicious links.
- The ads on this site have an auto-clicker. So, when they pop up, they automatically redirect you to a third-party website.
- The number of countries where Solar Movies is accessible is limited.
HiMovies may be new to the streaming game, but it’s quickly proving to be a strong player. It features a comprehensive collection of TV shows and movies. What’s more, its library is consistently updated with new releases. So, with access to HiMovies, you will always be up to date with the latest content from big picture companies and streaming sites. Even original titles from Netflix, HBO, Hulu, and Disney+ can be found on this site.
- It features a big collection of movies and TV shows from different genres.
- The homepage organizes the titles according to the genre, country of origin, and IMDB ranking. So, it’s easy for you to choose what to stream.
- All the titles are accessible for free, allowing you to start watching right away.
- The site is riddled with click redirects.
- The pop-up ads may be annoying for some people.
SubsMovies is perfect for those who prefer streaming TV shows and movies on a user-friendly site. The latest releases are featured on the homepage. However, if you’re undecided about what to watch, you can view titles according to various categories. The homepage organizes content into different genres, including comedy, adventure, action, sci-fi, and drama.
- You can always expect to see the latest releases on this site.
- You don’t have to pay subscription fees to access your favorite movies and TV shows.
- For eye comfort, you can use the site’s Dark Mode feature.
- It is riddled with ads that you can avoid only if you create an account.
17. Project Free TV
Strictly speaking, Project Free TV is not a streaming site. Instead, it indexes third-party websites, collating links under one roof. This is the reason why it can offer the benefit of a virtually endless library. Now, when it comes to the user interface, the experience offered by Project Free TV may not be the most intuitive or smoothest on this list. Frankly speaking, you’ll find the other free streaming services we’ve mentioned to have a better design. Even so, the site won’t bombard you with too many ads, and you’ll appreciate that.
When you visit Project Free TV, expect to spend time on third-party sites. As we’ve mentioned, this site does not host any of the titles it features. So, it’s worth remembering that there’s no guarantee that there are no annoying pop-up ads on third-party sites.
- The main page features an excellent variety of content.
- You can expect smooth and fast streaming as long as you choose the right source.
- You’ll find a large number of high-quality videos on this site.
- The links on Project Free TV are not verified. So, click at your own risk.
- It does not have the cleanest interface.
Kanopy is a California-based video streaming company that features a comprehensive collection of movies and shows. The best part is, as long as you have a library card or you’re a college student, you can start watching videos on this platform for free. So, if you don’t have a library card yet, better get one. Once you access Kanopy, you will be impressed with how massive the selection is. What’s more, the streaming platform has versions for Android, iOS, Apple TV, Roku, and Fire TV.
- You can stream thousands of shows and movies on demand.
- As long as you have a university email address or a library card, you can watch videos on Kanopy for free.
- You don’t have to deal with annoying ads.
- Even with a single account, there’s no limit on simultaneous streaming.
- If you’re using a mobile device, you cannot download videos for offline viewing.
- Some users claim that Kanopy does not offer many mainstream entertainment titles.
19. The Roku Channel
Unlike other streaming services, The Roku Channel does not license titles directly from production houses. Instead, the platform aggregates free streaming shows, live TV channels, and movies from other services. This way, you can access all the free content via a single platform. However, do note that this service is only available on Roku devices.
- You can access most of the titles for free.
- The Roku Channel has an excellent selection of movies and TV shows.
- You can also find a good collection of live streaming TV content.
- The service is only accessible on Roku devices.
- There are premium portions of the service that you can only access if you pay.
- The new releases are not available for free.
These are some of the top streaming services that allow you to watch TV series onlineforfree. So, if you are stuck at home due to the lockdown brought by the COVID-19 crisis, now you know where to find your favorite shows.
Speaking of favorite shows, you know how easy it is to get immersed in a TV show or movie,only to discover that you’re late to deliver your assignments. Don’t let that happen to you. Make use of a time management app like Traqqto keep track of time and ensure that your free time doesn’t creep into your working hours. Traqq is an efficient tool that works even when you’re offline. It helps you to account for every minute and sends you notification and alerts if you forget to activate your timer.
- Pluto TV.
- Sony Crackle.
- Yes! Movies.
- Amazon Prime Video: Most perks.
- Peacock: Best for classic movie and TV show fans.
- Paramount+: Best for CBS and Paramount content.
- Apple TV+: Best for money-savers who like original content.
- Hulu + Live TV: Best for live streaming and on-demand content.
- Discovery+: Best for channel-by-channel content.
- Crackle. One of the go-to names not just in free streaming but in streaming video in general is Crackle. ...
- Tubi TV. ...
- Pluto TV. ...
- NewsON. ...
- PBS Kids. ...
- Xumo. ...
- Crunchyroll. ...
- MTextX player app.
- Jio tv.
- SONY LIV.
- DISNEY+ HOTSTAR.
- ZEE 5.
- AIRTEL XSTREAM.
- TUBI TV.
- Netflix. Best for Original Movies. 4.5.
- Hulu. Best for Movie Variety. 4.0. ...
- Peacock. Best for Free TV and Movie Streaming. ...
- Amazon Prime Video. Best for Popular Movies. ...
- Disney+ Best for Family-Friendly Movies. ...
- HBO Max. Best for WarnerMedia Movies. ...
- KweliTV. Best for International Films. ...
- Tubi. Best for Free Movies.
If you've been wondering how to get local channels on a smart TV, you'll either need to purchase a high-definition digital TV antenna or download a free app or two from your TV's app store.What do you need for streaming? ›
What equipment do you need to live stream? Building a streaming setup for beginners is pretty simple. You'll need a camera, mic or microphone, lighting, and a stable internet connection. You'll also need to get your (digital) hands on some live streaming software.Is there an app that has all streaming services? ›
1. Oneflix. Oneflix is a streaming aggregator platform that unifies many of the major services available today. The list includes Netflix, HBO Max, Disney+, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, and even Peacock and Paramount+.What's an app that everything is free to watch movies? ›
- Tubi TV.
- Pluto TV.
YuppTV is one of the well-known Android apps, it is also available on Android TV. The TV app comes with a dedicated Live TV section. Live TV consists of popular News channels like TV9, Republic, Aaj Tak, Times Now, Public News, ET Now, and more.
- WiFi Network. Make sure that your phone and TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- TV Settings. Go to the input menu on your TV and turn on “screen mirroring.”
- Android Settings. ...
- Select TV. ...
- Establish Connection.
- Upgrade your internet speed for better streaming. ...
- Upgrade your Wi-Fi streaming hardware. ...
- Switch to wired Ethernet. ...
- Move your router. ...
- Limit the number of people on your Wi-Fi.
A television antenna will usually allow you to watch local TV, like local news channels, ABC, NBC, and more. You can use an antenna to watch local channels without cable or a satellite TV subscription. With an antenna, you can watch live TV channels, local broadcast channels, and shows like Saturday Night Live.Is Google TV free to use? ›
9to5Google looked at the latest version of the Android TV launcher app and discovered its code contains mentions of the Google TV streaming platform (previously called Android TV) gaining free, ad-supported channels and live TV channels.How many TV channels are free? ›
Today, more than fifty national free-to-air networks exist. Other than the non-commercial educational (NCE) PBS, which is composed of member stations, the largest terrestrial television networks are the traditional Big Three television networks (ABC, CBS and NBC).Do you need a smart TV to stream? ›
To use streaming services without a smart TV, you simply need to connect your regular TV to a streaming media player such as a Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, or Google Chromecast. In effect, these devices turn a regular TV into a smart TV.What is streaming TV and how does it work? ›
In simpler terms, streaming is what happens when consumers watch TV or listen to podcasts on Internet-connected devices. With streaming, the media file being played on the client device is stored remotely, and is transmitted a few seconds at a time over the Internet.What do I need for my first stream? ›
For your first live stream, go with a software encoder. They are easier to use and generally more affordable. There are plenty of broadcast studios out there, so pick one of the most common ones: OBS Studio: free, open-source software, arguably the most picked one by beginner streamers.How do I live stream on my TV? ›
Wirelessly project your live stream to your TV via Google Chromecast or Apple AirPlay. Another way to get your stream to your TV is through Chromecast. You can wirelessly connect your computer to your TV. Or you can use Apple AirPlay with compatible devices.What is the cheapest way to stream TV shows? ›
The cheapest live TV services for cord-cutting are the free ones: Pluto TV and Xumo. There are paid ones that cost very little, like Philo, Frndly TV, and Sling (especially the individual Blue or Orange plans).
Outside of a few “skinny bundles,” most streaming packages are just as expensive as cable TV. We still consider streaming TV a cheaper alternative in the long-term, however, since price increases tend not be as severe with streaming services as they are with cable TV.How can I stream TV without cable? ›
Use a streaming device: smart TV, game console, Roku, Fire TV, Chromecast or Apple TV. You won't need that cable box anymore, but you will need some kind of streaming device to watch services such as Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video and HBO Max.Can I watch TV through Wi-Fi? ›
Most of the early Smart TV's needed to be connected via an Ethernet cable to be able to watch the Smart TV services but more and more are WIFI compatible which may mean that you do not have to install any new cables what so ever to get your new TV up and running.How can I get free cable without paying? ›
- Use an HDTV antenna to get free TV.
- Get a Smart TV with streaming services.
- Watch free content on the internet.
- Sign up for a cheap cable TV package.
To access all of the content Peacock has to offer, you can sign up for a Peacock Premium subscription at $4.99 a month (+tax) or $49.99 per year (+tax).What is the difference between streaming and watching TV? ›
The main difference between streaming and watching TV is the content transmission technology. Streaming depends on the internet, while watching regular TV depends on an antenna, cable networks, or satellite service. Streaming also allows you to watch what you want when you want.Does streaming use more electricity than cable? ›
Recent research suggests that video streaming is by far the most energy-efficient way to watch TV shows or movies. In contrast, when used to watch movies, video game consoles are major energy hogs. Compared with a dedicated streaming box, a video game console can increase energy expenses by up to a factor of 20.Does streaming use data? ›
Managing streaming data usage
Android and iOS smartphones typically offer app controls that allow you to limit use of cellular data too. If you don't want to use up your allowance too quickly, change the relevant setting to prevent use of mobile streaming.